This month's recipe is brought to you by Low Carb with Jennifer.
Low Carb Beef & Broccoli Stir Fry
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 pound thinly sliced steak in 1 inch pieces
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sweetener
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons ginger paste
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum (or egg whites in a pinch)
- In a large skillet over high heat, add 1 tablespoon avocado oil. Add in the thinly sliced steak and brown on both sides. Remove from pan to a plate and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium and add in 1 tablespoon avocado oil. Add in the broccoli florets and saute until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add the steak back to the pan with the broccoli. Add in the soy sauce, sweetener, garlic, ginger, broth, and xanthan gum. Stir to combine and let thicken for a few minutes.
- Serve with rice or cauliflower rice for a low carb alternative!
Total Carbohydrates: 10g
Gluten Free + Low Carb Gingerbread Cookies
- 2 cups Blanched almond flour
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp Ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp Ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Gluten-free baking powder
- 1/4 cup Erythritol
- 1/4 cup Butter (softened)
- 1 large Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl, stir together the almond flour, cinnamon, ground ginger, ground cloves, nutmeg, and baking powder.
- In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to beat the butter and erythritol for 1-2 minutes, until fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract. Beat in the almond flour mixture until a dough forms.
- Form the dough into a ball and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or until ready to bake.
- Preheat the to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the ball of dough between two large pieces of parchment paper.
- Roll out to 1/4 in (.6 cm) thickness. Use a cookie cutter to cut out cookie shapes and transfer them to the parchment paper.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until golden on the edges. Cool on the cookie sheet before handling.
Serving size: 1 large cookie (4.5 inch tall gingerbread man)
Total Carbohydrates: 6g