Fun Food Idea:
This month's menu idea is brought to you by mytableofthree.com
Low Carb Gluten Free Lemon Mousse Crumbles
For the Mousse
- 6 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- 1/3 cup of Stevia, powdered (or 2/3 cup of Gentle Sweet, powdered)
- 1 cup of whipping cream
- 1 packet of Knox unflavored gelatin
For the Cookie Crumble
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup THM Oat Fiber (or 1/4 cup more of almond flour)
- 1/4 cup Stevia (or 1/2 cup of Gentle Sweet)
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- To make your mousse, add the cream cheese, lemon juice, sweetener to a mixing bowl and mix well until it is smooth and well combined.
- Next, in a separate bowl, mix the whipping cream and gelatin until it is very smooth and fluffy.
- Fold the whipped cream into the lemon mixture until it is all incorporated.
- Refrigerate your mouse for at least an hour. The longer it chills the better it tastes!
- To make your cookie crumble, add the almond flour, oat fiber, and sweetener to a bowl. Mix well. Next, slowly drizzle in the melted butter and mix with a fork until the mixture is crumbly. It just needs to mixed well to combine everything and to make sure all the dry mixture is coated with butter.
- Next, spray a baking sheet and spread the crumbles on the sheet in one even layer.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes or until the crumbles are a nice golden brown. Be sure to start checking them at 10 minutes and stir half way through to make sure all the crumbles are browning. They will burn easily if left unchecked.
- Once the crumbles are baked, let them cool a few minutes then chill until they have crisp up.
- When ready to serve your dessert, add in a couple of tablespoons into your serving dish and top with a few tablespoons of the lemon filling, then top with more crumbles. You can do a couple of layers if desired by adding a layer or plain whipped cream also.
- This dessert can be made a couple days ahead, but we recommend not assembling them until right before serving so your crumbles don't get soggy.
- This recipe will make 4 small serving dishes or dessert cups.
- Calories: 470
- Total Carbs: 8g
- Net Carbs: 6g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 8g
- Fat: 38g
- Sodium: 298 mg